EducationElectrical Engineer, Mathematician, Professor;
Tenure track Professor, Mathematics
MS, Phd-Engineering Mathematics, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH, 
BS, Applied Mathematics
BS, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, California State University, Chico, CA, 
Additional Education Information
Courses taken at the graduate level:
• Engineering Courses: Microelectronics, Digital Design and VHDL, Advanced Computer Architecture, Analog and Digital Communication, Digital Signal Processing, Microprocessors, Modern Control Systems, AC&DC Machines, Power Electronics, Electrical Engineering Random Process, Fault Tolerance Digital Systems, Transmission Lines, Electro Magnetism and Compatibility, Engineering Economics, Image Analysis.
• Mathematics Courses: Advanced Calculus, Calculus of Variation and Optimization, Statistics and SAS Applications, Probability and Data Analysis, Probability and Random Process, Discrete Math and Programming, MATLAB Programming, Linear Algebra I and II, Advanced Engineering Mathematics I and II, Complex Variables and Analysis, Abstract Algebra, ODE ,PDE, Real Analysis I and II, Applied Numerical Analysis I and II.
o Completed 60 credit hours of graduate level math courses
SKILLS AND AWARDS
Computer or Technical Skills and Tools:
• Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, C++, P-Spice, SAS, Maple, MATLAB, CAD, Course Compass, Online Black Board, MyLab and Mastering, MyMathLab Plus and Cisco-WebEx.
Honors and Awards:
• Received the Superior Achievement Award in the field of Mathematics
• Four-time recipient of the Teaching Performance Award
ExperienceWorking as a Professor from 2005 to now;
DEDICATED TO STUDENT SUCCESS INNOVATIVE CREATIVE PATIENT ADDRESS ALL LEARNING STYLES FOR MAXIMUM ACHIEVEMENT
• Ten years of post-secondary mathematics teaching experience
• Empower college students with technology including online activities and video conferencing
• Delight in the discovery, the newness and the fun technology holds
• Creatively find and use resources
• Assume role of co-learner, using students’ own devices to teach them
• Teach Mathematics in both a laboratory setting and in the real world environment
• Approach curriculum and program development employing teaching and learning theory, information resources and meaningful approaches to evaluating student competencies
• Facilitate relationships with staff and computer lab managers in laboratory settings to benefit students
• Ensure that all teaching is learner-centered
Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City, UT
Math Department Coordinator and Programmer; Math Instructor
• Designed and created online math courses (Math 1010, Math 1050) using MyOpenMath, Canvas and Pearson’s MathLabPlus
• Teach all levels of courses from developmental to advanced study including calculus and differential equations.
• Advise prospective MathLab students regarding course placement, eligibility for taking an online course and credit transfer from MathLab courses to other programs and institutions.
• Provide instructional support to the current MathLab lecturer and to instructors using Canvas.
• Collaborate with faculty, TAs, mentors and other MathLab personnel in teaching MathLab courses.
• Develop and maintain course instructional and support materials for the online environment.
• Explore new and emerging technologies and media, and their adoption into the Math Emporium and the math department.
• Assist in developing innovative curricula and teaching strategies.
• Provide training to tutoring coordinators.
• Create signature projects and projects for upper level classes and SME-symposium participation.
• Maintain the Math Department website.
• Assist with creating an open source calculus one book for OER.
• Create Emporium style course for CPMA using MOM.
• Attend conferences and provide updates to departmental instructors and administrators.
Continued Sudagar Satcuna, Page 2 of 2
University of Toledo, Department of Mathematics, Toledo, OH, 1/2005 – 5/2013
• Developed individual lesson plans and teaching materials for math courses.
• Motivated students through enthusiastic teaching, creative lessons and unique materials.
• Encouraged student participation by creating a supportive and welcoming classroom environment.
Professional Experience, continued…
• In ten years, taught courses Calculus 1, 2 & 3, Introduction to Statistics, Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, College Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Math for Liberal Arts and Trigonometry.
• Structured the assessment of student performance.
ITT Technical Institute, Toledo, OH, 1/2009 – 5/2013
Electronics and Applied Math Instructor
• Taught courses Digital Design, DC-Electronics and AC Electronics Circuits, Solid State Electronics, Micro Controllers, C++ Programming, Statics, Dynamics, Engineering Math, College Algebra I and II, Trigonometry for Engineers, Differential Calculus I and II, Technical Calculus, Statistics, Liner Algebra and online math courses through Course Compass, Black Board, MyMath-Lab, and MyLab/Mastering.
• Provided students with professional academic support that enhanced their success in math and engineering courses.
• Adapted and modified instructions to serve the needs of individual students.
• Guided students according to their individual learning styles to succeed in exams and in real world projects.
Brown Mackie College, Findlay, OH, 2012 – 5/2013
Adjunct Math Instructor
• Taught College Algebra, Statistics and Medicinal Calculus.
HobbiesCreation of Math models for Games;
SAT Subject Test in Mathematics Level 2, IB Mathematics HL, GRE Subject Test in Mathematics, GRE Quantitative Reasoning, GRE Quantitative, GMAT Quantitative, Geometry, Elementary Math, Elementary Algebra, IB Mathematics SL, Intermediate Algebra, SAT Subject Test in Mathematics Level 1, SAT Math, SAT, PSAT Mathematics, Mathematical Foundations for Computer Science, Math, Math, Intermediate Algebra, Differential Equations, Competition Math, College Algebra, Algebra 2, Algebra 1, ACT Math, 9th Grade math, 8th Grade math, 7th Grade math, 12th Grade math, 11th Grade math, Algebra 3/4, AP Calculus AB, CLEP Precalculus, CLEP College Mathematics, CLEP College Algebra, Calculus 3, Calculus 2, Calculus 1, Applied Mathematics, AP Calculus BC, 10th Grade math
Client Reviews (2)
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.